Crime
Lagos Doctor Allegedly Confesses To Having Oral Sex With Wife’s 15-Year-Old Neice
A medical doctor at the Optimal Cancer Care Foundation, Dr Olufemi Olaleye, is facing trial for allegedly defiling his wife’s 15-year-old neice in Lagos.
The defendant’s wife, Mrs. Aderemi Olaleye, said in court that her husband sexually abused her niece when she was staying with them.
The witness, before an Ikeja Sexual Offenses and Domestic Violence Court, Ikeja testifies that between March 2020 and July 2021, the defendant introduced the victim to oral sex and pornography.
The defendant was charged on two counts bordering on defiling and sexual assault by penetration against his wife’s niece, who moved in with his family in December 2019 after losing her guardian.
The woman admitted to a relative and their driver that her husband had threatened to murder her if she told anybody about her ordeal, according to Aderemi, who had been married to the doctor for 11 years.
The mother of two, who was led in evidence by the state Director of Public Prosecutions, Dr Babajide Martins, said, “On November 27, 2021, my second cousin told my aunt, who is my mother’s sister, that since March 2020, Femi (Olufemi) has been sexually abusing her and introduced her to pornography, from there he graduated to having oral sex with her; that he does this in different places in the house where there are no cameras.”
The witness said the matter was reported to the Anthony Police Station, where the DPO was a patient of the defendant.
She said her husband broke down in tears after the DPO asked him about the allegations.
It was gathered that the doctor allegedly confessed to fingering and having oral sex with the victim before he was transferred to the Gender Section of the Lagos State Police Command.
The doctor reportedly signed an undertaking in the presence of his lawyer not to go near the victim and his children, as he confessed to having sex with the victim.
The doctor was said to have been admitted to a rehabilitation home, Grace Cottage Clinics, Ilupeju, to treat sex addiction.
“There was no time since November 2021 that Femi had denied the allegations. He has spoken to me about apologising to the whole family and the victim, stating it was the work of the devil.
“The psychologist at the rehab reached out to me that he had a diagnosis of sex addiction that I should go back to history that if not, my own daughter can be a victim,” she added.
The witness added that the therapist had warned her that her husband would relapse if he did not finish his sex addiction treatment.
In response to questions from the prosecutor, she claimed that the issue came to light when the family’s nanny reported to her that her niece had been rude.
She said that she had disciplined the victim, which the doctor was not comfortable with when he arrived.
The victim was then taken to her aunt’s home, she said to the court, by Olufemi.
“After he left the victim in my aunt’s house, my aunt, who is a retired school principal and psychologist, asked the victim what happened and she confessed to her. My aunt called and told me what happened and she said I should not tell Femi about it so that he won’t hurt me,” she added.
Earlier, Aderemi had testified in court that their driver, Yusuf, had witnessed her niece vomiting sperm in their compound.
Justice Oshodi adjourned the case to December 21 for continuation of trial.
Crime
Ondo Shock: 23-Year-Old Son Allegedly Hacks 60-Year-Old Mother to Death
A 23-year-old man, identified as Samuel Akoade, has been arrested by the Ondo State Police Command for allegedly hacking his 60-year-old mother, Olufunke Amoo, to death in Ore, Odigbo Local Government Area of the state.
The incident reportedly occurred on Sunday, August 16, 2026, at the deceased’s residence in the Powerline area along the Ore–Okitipupa Road.
The incident reportedly caused panic in the community after the woman was discovered dead with deep machete wounds.
SEE MORE: Davido Set to Headline London’s Crystal Palace Bowl Concert
According to a police source, preliminary investigations indicated that the deceased had been attacked with a cutlass, allegedly by her son. The motive for the alleged killing remains unknown.
Following a report of the incident, operatives of the Ore Division were deployed to the scene, where they secured the area and recovered a machete suspected to have been used in the attack.
The suspect reportedly fled the scene before the arrival of the police but was later arrested after a manhunt was launched.
The remains of the deceased were subsequently deposited at the morgue of the General Hospital, Ore.
The case has been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department, Akure, for further investigation.
Confirming the incident, the Ondo State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Jimoh Abayomi, said the Commissioner of Police, Felix Ohagwu, had ordered a thorough and professional investigation to establish the circumstances surrounding the incident and ensure that justice is served.
The police also urged residents to remain vigilant and provide timely information about suspicious activities in their communities.
Crime
Kogi Man Allegedly Sets Wife Ablaze After She Burnt His Clothes
A man identified as Jacob Irewa has been arrested by the Kogi State Police Command for allegedly setting his wife, Berida Irawo, ablaze following a domestic disagreement in Lokoja.
The incident occurred on Friday, August 14, 2026, at Oworo Estate, Felele, Lokoja.
ALSO READ: Kogi Polytechnic Suspends Seven Lecturers Amid Sex-for-Marks, Cultism Probe
According to the state police spokesperson, ASP Salisu Afusat, the B Division Surveillance Team, Felele, received a report of the incident at about 8:30pm and immediately mobilised to the scene, where the suspect was arrested.
Preliminary investigation revealed that the dispute started after the victim allegedly burnt some of her husband’s clothes which she believed he was no longer using, without his permission.
The police said the suspect subsequently threatened his wife, fetched petrol from his motorcycle and allegedly set her ablaze.
The victim survived the attack and is currently receiving treatment at Honey Gold Hospital, Felele.
Afusat said the suspect, during interrogation, admitted to setting his wife ablaze, adding that the command had commenced a comprehensive investigation into the incident.
The Commissioner of Police, Kogi State Command, CP Naziru Bello Kankarofi, condemned the alleged attack and reiterated the command’s zero tolerance for violence, particularly domestic violence.
He urged members of the public to resolve domestic disputes through lawful means and avoid actions capable of endangering lives.
The police said Irewa would be charged to court for prosecution after the conclusion of investigations.
Crime
Enugu Church Attack: Three Suspected Kidnappers Arrested, Four AK-47s Recovered
Three suspected members of a notorious kidnapping gang allegedly linked to the August 2 attack on St. Joseph’s Catholic Church, Inoyi-Affa, in Udi Local Government Area of Enugu State, have been arrested by security operatives.
The suspects were apprehended during a joint operation involving the Department of State Services, Nigerian Army, Nigeria Police Force, Enugu State Forest Guard and other security personnel.
SEE ALSO: Osun Election: Gunmen Invade PVC Centre, Cart Away Voter Cards
One suspected kidnapper was reportedly killed during a gun battle with the security forces, while four AK-47 rifles and ammunition were recovered from the gang.
The development was disclosed on Monday night when Enugu State Governor, Peter Mbah, visited the state DSS headquarters to inspect the arrested suspects.
Representing the governor, the Secretary to the State Government, Prof. Chidiebere Onyia, said two of the three victims abducted during the August 2 attack had regained their freedom.
The victims, identified as Seminarian Lawrence Igbo and Emmanuel Onwudi, reportedly identified the arrested suspects as the individuals who abducted them.
“There was one fatality in this process. It was one of the criminals that died in the process of apprehending them,” Onyia said.
He added that the arrested suspects would face the full weight of the law.
The SSG said the state government would continue to strengthen its security architecture and collaborate with security agencies to prevent criminal activities across Enugu State.
He warned criminal elements that the state would not provide a safe haven for their activities.
Onyia also cautioned residents against assisting or providing information to criminal groups, stressing that anyone found collaborating with such groups would be investigated and prosecuted.
“We will find you also, just as we have found these people, and we will prosecute you as part of this evil operation and this evil syndicate,” he warned.
The SSG commended the DSS, Nigerian Army, Police, Enugu State Forest Guard and other security agencies for their efforts in apprehending the suspects and recovering the weapons.
He further assured residents that investigations were ongoing and that the government would continue to pursue those involved in criminal activities in the state.





