Sports
Paul Pogba’s Suspension Reduced, Set To Return To Football In 2025
Paul Pogba is set to return to professional football in March 2025 after his four-year doping ban was reduced to 18 months by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).
The Juventus midfielder’s suspension, which began on September 11, 2023, will now end in March 2025, allowing him to resume training as early as January.
The 31-year-old World Cup winner faced the prospect of a lengthy exile from the sport, with some fearing it could end his career.
Read Also: Pastors Brainwashed You To Forget Your Ancestors – Yul Edochie To Nigerians
However, CAS’s ruling offers Pogba a lifeline.
Originally banned for testing positive for DHEA, a substance on the World Anti-Doping Agency’s (WADA) banned list, Pogba’s appeal argued that he had unknowingly taken the substance, which primarily affects females.
This distinction played a key role in reducing the ban.
Pogba’s positive test came after Juventus’ Serie A opener against Udinese on August 20, 2023. Following the ruling, his €5,000 (£4,176) fine was also overturned.
The French international’s appeal, which took place in August 2024 at CAS headquarters in Switzerland, presented evidence linking an American wellness clinic, 10X Health Systems, to the incident.
Photographic proof of the clinic’s name on one of Pogba’s pill bottles was submitted as part of his defense.
Pogba can now begin preparations for his return to action, with Juventus expected to welcome him back into training at the start of 2025.
Sports
PAMOJA 2027: CAF Confirms Dates for First-Ever Three-Nation AFCON
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) has officially announced the dates for the 2027 Africa Cup of Nations, setting the stage for a historic tournament to be jointly hosted by three countries for the first time.
According to CAF, the competition—branded “PAMOJA 2027”—will kick off on June 19, 2027, and conclude with the final on July 17, 2027.
SEE ALSO: CAF Under Fire as Guinea Challenges Morocco’s 1976 AFCON Win after Senegal Ruling
The tournament will be co-hosted by Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda, marking a significant milestone in the history of African football.
CAF noted that the venues for both the opening match and the final will be confirmed at a later date, as preparations continue across the three host nations.
Describing the tournament as a landmark initiative, CAF said the joint hosting arrangement is expected to boost regional unity and enhance football development across East Africa.
The body also highlighted the opportunity to engage a massive audience of over 400 million people within the region.
In addition, CAF released details of the qualification process ahead of the tournament.
The draw for the qualifiers is scheduled to take place on May 19, 2026, following the preliminary rounds.
A total of 48 teams, including the host nations, will compete in the qualifiers.
The teams will be grouped into 12 groups of four, with the top two teams from each group advancing to the final tournament.
The qualification matches will be played across three FIFA international windows: from September 21 to October 6, 2026; November 9 to 17, 2026; and March 22 to 30, 2027.
With the announcement, anticipation is already building for what is expected to be one of the most unique and widely watched editions of the Africa Cup of Nations.
Sports
Govt Remodels Osogbo Stadium to 15,000 Sitting Capacity
Osun State Governor, Senator Ademola Adeleke has commended the speedy and qualitative ongoing remodelling of Osogbo stadium, announcing that the sitting capacity of the modernised and upgraded stadium is to increase from 4000 to 15,000 upon completion.
Speaking after an early morning daily project review session which started since last week, the governor said the increased capacity will attract major sporting events to boost development of all games in the state.
“Upon completion, Osun will be qualified to host local and international events. Sports development will take a new tone. Our young population will have a big supportive platform to develop their talents”, the governor noted at the meeting.
ALSO READ: BOI Partners with RMRDC to Boost Agric Value-chain Growth
He particularly expressed happiness at the involvement of several foreign technical partners who are working with the contractors to ensure that the new stadium satisfy FIFA standard to eventually secure FIFA certification.
“In remodelling the stadium, we must satisfy global standards. I am happy at the involvement of local and international experts to ensure we meet FIFA and all associated standards. This is the way to go to finally integrate Osun into the mainstream of sports development in the country.
“As a sport loving governor, I am eager to ensure that the Osun Sport Trust Fund becomes operational. We are working round the clock to meet legal requirements and develop appropriate policy framework among others.
“We are working to also fully operationalise the Osun State Sport Commission. This and other structures are being put in place to address the many challenges facing the Sport sector. I have a vision of an Osun state sport sector with modern facilities, empowered workforce and big opportunities for sportsmen and women.
While commending the contractor for a job well done so far, Governor Adeleke commended the Deputy Governor, Prince Kola Adewusi who doubled as the Commissioner for Sports, for demonstrating deep commitment to the completion of the project.
Sports
O’Reilly Deserves EPL Young Player of the Season – Guardiola
Manager of Manchester City, Pep Guardiola, has thrown his full support behind rising midfielder Nico O’Reilly, insisting the youngster deserves to be crowned Premier League Young Player of the Season after a breakthrough campaign.
Guardiola made the remarks on Monday following Manchester City’s 2-1 victory over Arsenal, a result that further strengthened their push in the title race.
ALSO READ: Emery Outshines Guardiola As Aston Villa End Man City’s Unbeaten Run
In the match, O’Reilly delivered another impressive performance, playing with composure and confidence beyond his years.
The youngster also provided an assist for Erling Haaland, helping City secure a crucial win at a key stage of the season.
Speaking after the game, Guardiola was emphatic in his praise for the teenager, suggesting there should be no debate about the award.
“O’Reilly deserves the Young Player of the Season. What a season he has had,” Guardiola said. “I don’t know who will win the overall Player of the Season, but for the young category, it has to be Nico.”
The statement has since gained wide attention, especially after being highlighted by football journalist Fabrizio Romano on social media.
O’Reilly’s emergence has been one of the bright spots in Manchester City’s campaign, with the midfielder earning praise for his versatility, maturity on the ball, and ability to step up in high-pressure games despite his young age.
As the season enters its final stretch, Guardiola’s strong endorsement is expected to boost O’Reilly’s profile in the race for individual honours.






Very energetic article, I loved that bit. Will there be a
part 2?
My relatives every time say that I am killing my time here at web, but I know I am getting experience all the time by
reading thes fastidious posts.