Connect with us

NEWS

Bolu Bamidele: Remains laid to rest as Family joins manhunt for fleeing wife

Published

on

Bolu Bamidele: Remains laid to rest as Family joins manhunt for fleeing wife

Eunice Oluwafunmilayo

The remains of Bolu Bamidele, an Otan-Ayegbaju native and the administrator center of Boluwaduro Local Government Area in Osun State, who was burnt to death by his wife, have been buried.

Ifeoluwa Bamidele, the deceased’s middle-aged housewife, is accused of setting him on fire and killing him because of alleged adultery.

According to reports, the victim, known as Teebam, had traveled from Cairo, Egypt, to Osogbo, the capital of Osun State, to give his wife special gifts for her birthday.

According to the evidence, the wife learned that Bamidele had cheated on her and even fathered a child outside their union.

She allegedly searched through her husband’s phone and found the WhatsApp conversations the deceased allegedly sent and received from another woman.

He had been confronted with the information by Ifeoluwa, and an argument followed.

According to reports, the incident occurred on Sunday, July 17, 2022, at their home in the Koka-Ibokun community of the state’s Obokun Local Government Area.

According to reports, Ifeoluwa shut the bedroom door at night while her husband slept soundly, sprinkled petrol inside, and then lit the place on fire.

She reportedly left the house as soon as the act was completed.

While his remains were being transported to the cemetery of St. Benedict Catholic Cathedral, Popo, Osogbo, for burial, Bamidele’s relatives and friends wailed uncontrollably.

READ ALSO: Bolu Bamidele: It took us 1hour, broke four windows, burglary before we could rescue him – Witness

Bode Bamidele, the victim’s older brother, claimed during a speech on Thursday that the deceased was laid to rest by certain priests and then buried.

He added that some of Ifeoluwa’s relatives had been invited by the police and that efforts were being made by the police and family members to apprehend the evading wife.

“My brother (deceased) was buried yesterday (Wednesday) at St Benedict Cathedral in Osogbo. I will be going to the SCID in Osogbo to meet with the family members of Ifeoluwa,” Bode said.

When questioned if Ifeoluwa killed herself and that her dead body was discovered being seen on social media, Bode denied this and stated that the suspect was still being sought.

“It’s not true that she is dead and neither has she been found. The police are yet to find her,” he said.

Click to comment
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

International News

US Military Newspaper Chiefs Sacked Over Editorial Freedom Row

Published

on

The United States Department of Defense has fired the editor-in-chief, publisher and a reporter of a long-running military newspaper amid a growing dispute over editorial independence.

The newspaper’s editor-in-chief, Erik Slavin, told CBS News that he was dismissed for “insubordination” after speaking to the network about disagreements with the Department of Defense.

SEE ALSO: Iran’s Threat Pushes Brent Over $90

The department had earlier this year said it wanted to steer the publication’s coverage away from what it described as “woke distractions.”

The newspaper’s publisher, Max Lederer, who had served in the position since 2007, was also notified that he was being terminated. His dismissal came just three days after he announced plans to retire from the publication.

Reporter Lara Korte also confirmed that she had been fired for alleged insubordination.

“Today, I was informed that the Department of Defense is firing me for insubordination after I told a CBS reporter that I work for Stars and Stripes — not the Pentagon, not any administration, and not any policy maker,” Korte wrote on X.

The dismissals came only days after the newspaper published a report detailing grim conditions faced by crewmembers aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln.

The report triggered fresh criticism of President Donald Trump’s handling of the war with Iran. The aircraft carrier had been deployed before the conflict in the Middle East began in February.

Last weekend, the US military announced that a new carrier strike group had arrived in the region, while Trump said the Lincoln would be replaced.

Slavin had also drawn attention last month after publicly opposing what he described as attempts by the Department of Defense to interfere with the newspaper’s editorial decisions.

During an interview on “CBS Sunday Morning,” Slavin was asked whether there were any editorial red lines he would not cross.

“‘Don’t run a perfectly accurate story, run this instead. Here it is, written by the Pentagon.’ That would be a red line,” he said.

Lederer had announced his retirement on Tuesday, with his departure initially scheduled for September 30.

He said his decision followed fundamental differences between his leadership philosophy and the plans the Department of Defense had for the organisation.

Meanwhile, US Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth has faced criticism from sections of the media over his approach to journalism since taking charge of the department in 2025.

The independence of US military media outlets has increasingly come under scrutiny.

Shortly before Lederer announced his retirement, active-duty US Navy Captain William Urban was installed as military deputy to the publisher, a move interpreted by some, including Democratic lawmakers, as weakening the publication’s editorial independence.

Continue Reading

NEWS

Tinubu’s Men Bomb Atiku on Fuel Subsidy

Published

on

Nigeria’s former Vice President Atiku Abubakar’s promise of restoring petrol subsidy if elected president in 2027 has drawn attacks from the corner of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

The Presidency reacted sharply to Atiku’s pledge, describing it as a deceptive political jab, capable of undermining Nigeria’s economic recovery.

The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Public Communication, Sunday Dare, stated this in a statement on Thursday, following Atiku’s declaration that he would reverse the subsidy removal if elected.

Dare accused Atiku of attempting to manipulate Nigerians for political gain, saying the former Vice President’s position could halt what he described as ongoing recovery across various sectors of the economy.

“Atiku Abubakar: Your pronouncement that you will bring back fuel subsidy is drenched in hypocrisy and deceit. It is an unpardonable manipulation of the public psyche, designed to hoodwink unsuspecting Nigerians into voting for you,” Dare said.

READ ALSO: NUPRC Says Nigeria has Extracted 4.6bn Barrels from Deep Offshore

He added, “The ongoing recovery across various sectors of our national life annoys you, and will be halted if this thinking of yours is implemented. By the Grace of God, it will not happen, and all good men of conscience must rise up against you.”

Atiku had made the pledge during a Facebook Live session while responding to questions on the removal of the petrol subsidy and how the savings from the policy had been utilised.

The former Vice President said he initially did not oppose the subsidy removal but questioned how the savings had been spent.

“I initially did not oppose the removal of the fuel subsidy. But now that it has been removed, where is the money? Where has the subsidy money gone? Has it been used to improve healthcare, education or security?” Atiku asked.

He added, “If I win the presidential election, I will restore the subsidy. And anyone who stole Nigeria’s subsidy funds must return the money.”

Continue Reading

NEWS

FAAN Clears Air on Bolt, Uber Suspension, Says Services Will Resume

Published

on

Chaos at Lagos Airport, Flights Diverted Over Runway Closure

The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria has clarified its decision to suspend the commercial operations of ride-hailing platforms Bolt and Uber at airports under its management, saying the services will resume once their licence agreements are finalised.

FAAN said the suspension was driven by safety, security and operational concerns and was not intended to prevent passengers from accessing convenient transportation options.

The clarification followed public reactions to an internal memo dated July 30, 2026, and signed by the General Manager, Commercial Services, U.R. Liman.

SEE MORE: FAAN Bans Cash Payments At Airports Nationwide

The memo directed Regional General Managers and Airport Managers to ensure that Bolt and Uber ceased commercial operations at all FAAN-managed airports pending the finalisation and execution of their licence agreements.

The memo read: “Please be informed that pending the finalisation and execution of the License Agreement with Bolt and Uber, the authority has directed Messrs Bolt and Messrs Uber to cease all commercial operations at all FAAN-managed airports immediately. Consequently, you are to ensure that all operations of both Bolt and Uber are suspended until their License Agreements have been finalised and concluded.”

However, FAAN, in a statement issued in response to the public outcry, said its position was not aimed at limiting passengers’ access to transportation services.

“FAAN wishes to clarify that its position is not, and has never been, directed at limiting passengers’ access to transportation options or undermining the important role that e-hailing services play in providing convenient mobility to air travellers,” the authority said.

FAAN explained that airports were highly regulated environments and that commercial transportation providers operating within airport premises were required to operate under an appropriate framework that would provide adequate visibility over their vehicles and drivers.

The authority said this was necessary to ensure that transportation providers were identifiable, accountable and properly integrated into the airport’s operational and security framework.

FAAN also clarified that its ACHRAMS platform was not an e-hailing application and was not designed to compete with Uber, Bolt or other ride-hailing platforms.

“ACHRAMS is not an e-hailing application and is not intended to compete with or replicate the services provided by Uber, Bolt or any other e-hailing platform,” it stated.

According to FAAN, it had received complaints and observed operational challenges linked to commercial transportation activities within and around airport premises, including passenger solicitation and touting.

The authority said it had therefore been engaging Bolt and Uber to establish a workable operational framework that would address safety, security, accountability and passenger-experience concerns while allowing the platforms to continue serving travellers.

“The current situation should therefore not be misconstrued as FAAN declaring a blanket prohibition on e-hailing services,” FAAN said.

The authority added that it recognised the convenience and additional transportation choices provided by Bolt and Uber and appreciated concerns from passengers who might experience inconvenience while the issues were being resolved.

FAAN said it was keen to conclude the discussions with the affected operators expeditiously.

“The authority and the affected operators are currently engaged in constructive discussions towards resolving the outstanding issues, particularly those relating to passenger safety and security, operational visibility, accountability and the appropriate management of pick-up activities within the airport environment.”

Continue Reading

Copyright © 2022. Biztellers, powered by Alphaxristi.

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x