Connect with us

NEWS

BREAKING: Davido, Chioma loses only son, Ifeanyi

Published

on

By Funmilayo Olusanya

There was a strong feeling as Ifeanyi Adeleke, the son of well-known musician Davido and his fiancée, Chioma Rowland, is said to have passed away.

As of the time, this report was filed, information on the circumstances of Ifeanyi’s death was still hazy.

Unconfirmed rumors suggested that Davido’s first child drowned in a swimming pool at his home in the Banana Island district of Lagos State, though this was not confirmed.

After being taken from the pool, the three-year-old boy was reportedly transferred to a hospital in the Lekki district of the state, where one of the attending physicians verified his death.

The victim’s family had yet to react to the tragic development as of the time this report was filed.

However, since the news of Ifeanyi’s rumored death became public knowledge, Nigerians, particularly entertainment lovers, had been outraged and traumatized by the development.

Read Also >> Davido’s son, Ifeanyi allegedly dies in family swimming pool

Several celebrities have posted condolence messages that appear to confirm the death of Ifeanyi. Some of which are comedians Ayo Makun and Lasisi Elenu, radio personality Daddy Freeze among others.

Makun, in an Instagram post early Tuesday, wrote, “The death of a child is unnatural, unfair, and tragic, this hit me so bad.”

Daddy Freeze, who went live on Instagram in the early hours of Tuesday morning said,

“When the person you love is someone involved it becomes a heavy emotional burden. I am not confirming anything but bear with me I will not be live tonight.”

Lasisi Elenu also posted, “Father heal your children’s hearts from this pain, strengthen them in such a dark and hurtful time oh Lord.”

Reality TV star and actress, Rosemary Afuwape, said on her Instagram story, “My heart can’t take this. This is so painfully unbearable.

Chioma and Davido please accept my condolences. No amount of words can comfort your heart. I am truly sorry for your loss.”

Ifeanyi’s alleged death was the most trending topic on Twitter as of 1.28 am.

However, the death rumor was first mentioned in a now-deleted late-Monday post by the actress Eniola Badmus.

In response to Badmus’ post, Nigerians criticized her for disclosing such private information to the public.

NEWS

Adeleke Hails Judiciary over Party Deregistration Suit

Published

on

Osun State Governor, Senator Ademola Adeleke has described the judiciary as the last hope and refuge of the citizens as he profusely commended the Court of Appeal for its ordering stay of proceedings in a suit seeking to deregister Accord and other parties.

This was detailed in a government house statement issued on Saturday morning in Osogbo.

According to the statement, the governor hailed the presiding Justices for their professionalism and undiluted commitment to fair and equitable administration of justice, declaring that those scheming to disenfranchise and block Accord members from August polls have failed.

He described the ruling as a just action designed to protect the rights and privileges of all stakeholders, calling the Justices the preserver of citizens’ rights as guaranteed by the Nigerian Constitution.

“I am using this opportunity to commend the judiciary for protecting the sanctity and integrity of our democracy from deliberate abuse by anti-democratic elements. On behalf of the good people of Osun state, we thank the justices and the entire judiciary.

“From 2018 till date, I have been a beneficiary of judicial interventions which protect my rights and privileges when faced with constant abuse and attacks on democratic rights. The judiciary is the last hope of the oppressed, the refuge for the weak.

“The judgement by the Justices of the Court of Appeal further reinforces our faith in the judiciary, further rekindles our trust in the democratic process. As we escape the trap of those seeking to avoid free and fair elections, I congratulate Accord leaders locally and nationally.

“We should now redouble our campaigns to secure an overwhelming victory on August 15. We must be bold, strong and resolute within the confine of the law to sustain and extend our mandate.

“As we have the people and God with us, we won’t succumb to intimidation and harassment. August 15th is for the continuity of our Imole administration. We will legally resist any attempt to derail the democratic process”, the governor stated.

ALSO READ: Outrage as Police Officer Who Threatened Nigerians Over Recording Breaks Silence

Recall that at the resumed hearing of the appeal number CA/ABJ/CV/569/2026 between Accord versus Incorporated Trustees of National Forum of Former Legislators & 6 Ors, counsel to the appellant, Musibau Adetunbi SAN had informed the Court of three pending applications, to wit: an Application for Stay of Further Proceedings filed on 4th May, 2026; an Application seeking Departure from the Rules filed on 4th May, 2026; and an Application seeking leave to amend the Notice of Appeal filed on 14th May, 2026.

In a bench ruling, the Court held that the essence of an application for stay of proceedings is to preserve the res pending the determination of the appeal and to ensure that the appeal, if successful, is not rendered nugatory.

The Court further held that having considered the grounds of appeal together with the affidavit evidence placed before it, and particularly in view of the absence of substantial opposition from the Respondents, the Appellant had placed sufficient materials before the Court to warrant the exercise of its discretion in their favour pursuant to Order 4 rules 10 and 11 of the Court of Appeal Rules, 2021.

The Court also made reference to Appeal No. CA/ABJ/CV/444/2026 – Barr. Maxwell Mgbudem v. Accord, being a matter of similar facts wherein the Court of Appeal had equally granted an application for stay of proceedings in similar circumstances. The Court accordingly granted the Appellant’s Motion for Stay of Proceedings.

The appeal was thereafter adjourned to 27th October, 2026 for hearing.

Continue Reading

NEWS

Outrage as Police Officer Who Threatened Nigerians Over Recording Breaks Silence

Published

on

A Nigerian police officer identified as Newton Isokpehi has sparked widespread reactions online after publicly apologising for threatening Nigerians who film police officers while on duty.

The officer came under heavy criticism after a viral video showed him warning that he would “clear everybody down,” including bystanders near anyone recording him during official duty.

Following the backlash, Isokpehi released a video on Thursday pleading with Nigerians and rights activist Harrison Gwamnishu for forgiveness, saying his earlier comments were made out of anger and frustration.

SEE ALSO: Six Arrested as Police Expose Inside Network Behind Oyo School Abduction

“Please forgive me. If I offended you as a brother, forgive me. That statement was just out of annoyance because of the things that are happening,” he said.

Speaking in Pidgin English, the officer clarified that he was not against citizens filming police officers, noting that Nigerians have the right to record security personnel while carrying out their duties.

“Actually, you can video us. You are allowed to video a policeman. But it’s not right for just anybody to come from anywhere and start videoing officers on duty,” he stated.

Isokpehi, who disclosed that he hails from Edo State and was raised in a police barracks in Kaduna, described himself as a committed officer who has spent over 12 years serving in the Mobile Police unit.

The officer also displayed several scars and gunshot wounds on his body, claiming they were sustained during dangerous operations while serving the country.

“Out of 17 of us, only two survived that operation. We have suffered in this work,” he said emotionally.

Attempting to walk back his earlier remarks, Isokpehi insisted he never intended to harm civilians.

“How can I be saying I will kill my own people? We don’t do that. I spoke out of annoyance. That one was just verbal talk,” he added.

He further appealed directly to Gwamnishu and Nigerians, admitting that the controversy had escalated beyond what he expected.
“Harrison, forgive me. I beg the whole of Nigeria, please forgive me. This one has reached too far,” he pleaded.

The apology has continued to generate mixed reactions online, with many Nigerians condemning the officer’s initial comments while others expressed sympathy over the harsh conditions faced by security personnel.

 

Continue Reading

NEWS

Cubana Chief Priest Explains Why He Dumped Peter Obi for Bola Ahmed Tinubu

Published

on

Nigerian socialite and businessman, Cubana Chief Priest, has explained why he shifted his political support from former Labour Party presidential candidate Peter Obi to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu following the 2023 general elections.

Speaking during a livestream session with popular streamer Peller, the celebrity businessman said his decision was motivated by a desire to avoid repeated political disappointment.

SEE ALSO: Plateau 2027: “I’m Not in the Race to Fill Numbers” — Bida Declares War on Mutfwang

He stated that he no longer wanted to back a candidate who might lose, saying he made the switch after the last election experience.
“Because I don’t want to lose again because they say first fool no be fool na the second fool be proper fool,” he said.

Cubana Chief Priest also claimed that President Tinubu remains cautious about him due to his past political alignment with Peter Obi and his ethnic background.

According to him, the President does not fully trust him because of his previous support for the opposition during the 2023 polls.

“President Bola Tinubu no really trust me as an Igbo man that I am. He look me with one eye because he believes that this one that worked for Peter Obi, before at the last election,” he added.

He further dismissed the chances of Peter Obi in the 2027 presidential election, describing him as “not serious” and insisting that only “serious people” would emerge victorious.

The comments have since generated widespread reactions on social media, with critics accusing him of political opportunism, while others argue that his position reflects the realities of Nigeria’s winner-takes-all political system.

Cubana Chief Priest was a vocal supporter of Peter Obi and the Labour Party during the 2023 elections but later aligned with the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

He currently serves as the Imo State Coordinator of the Pro-Tinubu City Boys Movement and has become more active within APC circles.

He had also obtained an APC House of Representatives nomination form but later withdrew from the primary election on the day of the exercise.

Continue Reading

Copyright © 2022. Biztellers, powered by Alphaxristi.

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x