International News
Drama In UK As Police Rearrest Ethiopian Migrant Mistakenly Released From Prison
LONDON — Tension gripped parts of London over the weekend after police rearrested an Ethiopian asylum seeker who was mistakenly released from prison, sparking embarrassment within the British justice system.
The Metropolitan Police confirmed on Sunday that 38-year-old Hadush Gerberslasie Kebatu was apprehended in the Finsbury Park area of north London, two days after being accidentally freed from Chelmsford Prison in Essex.
Kebatu, who arrived in the United Kingdom by boat earlier this year, had been sentenced in September to 12 months in prison for five offences, including the sexual assault of a 14-year-old girl in Epping, on the outskirts of London.
ALSO READS: UK Introduces eVisas for Nigerian Study, Work Visa Applicants
Authorities revealed that his release on Friday, October 24, was a clerical blunder, after he was wrongly classified as a prisoner due for discharge instead of being transferred to an immigration detention center pending deportation.
A manhunt was immediately launched when the error was discovered later that day, and police tracked him down on Sunday morning.
British media reports that one prison officer has been suspended while investigations into the mix-up are ongoing.
The case has caused a political storm in the UK, with critics accusing the government of incompetence and poor coordination between the Home Office, prison authorities, and immigration officials.
Kebatu’s earlier arrest in July had already stirred public outrage, triggering anti-migrant protests in Epping and other cities. Demonstrations outside the Bell Hotel, where he had been accommodated along with other asylum seekers, drew crowds of far-right activists, while human rights group Stand Up to Racism staged counter-protests demanding fair treatment for migrants.
The Ministry of Justice has promised a thorough investigation, vowing that measures will be put in place to ensure such a mistake “never happens again.”
Officials said Kebatu is now back in custody and will remain detained until his case is reviewed by immigration authorities.
International News
Fresh Violence Rocks Mali as France Orders Citizens to Evacuate
The government of France has issued an urgent directive to its citizens in Mali, advising them to leave the country immediately following a fresh wave of violent attacks.
In a travel advisory released on Wednesday, the French foreign ministry described the security situation in Mali as “extremely volatile,” citing recent assaults carried out by jihadist groups and Tuareg separatist fighters over the weekend.
ALSO READ: Mali’s Junta Leader Assimi Goita Grants Himself Unlimited Presidential Mandate
According to the statement, all travel to Mali remains strongly discouraged regardless of purpose, as authorities warned that the risk to foreign nationals has significantly increased.
“French nationals are advised to make arrangements to leave Mali temporarily as soon as possible on the commercial flights that are still available,” the ministry said.
The advisory comes amid renewed concerns over instability in the Sahel region, where armed groups have continued to intensify their operations despite years of military interventions.
President Emmanuel Macron has repeatedly expressed concern over the deteriorating security climate in Mali, particularly following the withdrawal of foreign forces and the growing influence of insurgent factions.
Mali has been grappling with insecurity since 2012, as jihadist insurgency, separatist tensions, and political unrest continue to undermine stability in the country.
International News
Why UK Is Moving to Restrict Children’s Access to Social Media
The United Kingdom is considering sweeping new restrictions that could limit or completely block children under the age of 16 from accessing social media platforms, as part of a broader push to improve online safety and reduce excessive screen time among young users.
The proposal, currently under government consultation, is being led by Prime Minister Keir Starmer and focuses on addressing concerns over how teenagers interact with platforms such as Instagram and TikTok.
ALSO READ: UK Says ‘No Entry’ to Kanye West Ahead of Big Comeback Show
Officials say the move is driven by growing evidence and public concern that algorithm-driven feeds and “endless scrolling” features may be negatively affecting children’s sleep patterns, concentration levels, and overall well-being.
The government is also reviewing whether additional measures such as app curfews and time limits should be introduced.
Technology Secretary Liz Kendall said the consultation has already attracted widespread public input, with tens of thousands of responses from parents, teenagers, and advocacy groups.
She noted that the government is particularly interested in feedback on addictive platform design features and the use of AI tools targeting younger users.
The UK is also studying policies already implemented in other countries. Australia has introduced stricter age-based restrictions, while Greece and Indonesia have also moved toward tighter regulation of children’s access to social media.
Authorities emphasize that no final decision has been made, but the consultation process is expected to shape future legislation on how tech companies operate and how young users are protected online in the digital age.
International News
You Won’t Believe What Trump Said About Pope Leo
U.S. President Donald Trump has sparked global reactions following his remarks about Pope Leo XIV after the Pope’s recent anti-war message calling for peace in conflict-hit regions.
The controversy began after Pope Leo XIV delivered a strong appeal at the Vatican, urging world leaders to end ongoing wars and prioritise dialogue over violenceviolence.
ALSO READ: Melania Trump to Preside Over UN Council as Middle East Burns
The pontiff warned against the “idolatry of power” and called for global cooperation to restore peace.
Reacting to the message, Trump told reporters he is “not a big fan” of Pope Leo XIV, describing him as “very liberal” and questioning his views on crime and international security.
The U.S. President further criticised the Pope’s stance on global conflicts, suggesting his message overlooks serious security challenges linked to rising geopolitical tensions, including nuclear concerns.
In a follow-up post on Truth Social, Trump intensified his criticism, accusing the Pope of taking a weak position on foreign policy matters and suggesting political factors influenced his leadership position.
The comments have since triggered widespread debate across political and religious circles, adding to ongoing tensions between Washington and the Vatican over issues such as immigration policy, military action, and global diplomacy.
While both sides have previously denied any formal rift, the latest exchange has renewed global attention on their differing positions regarding war and peace efforts.






Good post however , I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this topic? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Bless you!
you are really a good webmaster. The web site loading speed is amazing. It seems that you are doing any unique trick. In addition, The contents are masterpiece. you’ve done a excellent job on this topic!
I think this web site has got some really wonderful info for everyone :D. “Anybody who watches three games of football in a row should be declared brain dead.” by Erma Bombeck.
Magnificent web site. A lot of useful information here. I’m sending it to a few friends ans also sharing in delicious. And obviously, thanks for your sweat!
Hi, Neat post. There is a problem with your site in internet explorer, would check this… IE still is the market leader and a big portion of people will miss your great writing due to this problem.
I needed to create you the very little note so as to thank you so much the moment again for all the striking ideas you’ve shared in this case. It is really seriously generous of you to allow publicly all that a number of us might have offered as an ebook to help make some dough for themselves, most importantly since you could possibly have tried it in the event you wanted. Those good ideas in addition served as the good way to understand that many people have a similar eagerness just like mine to figure out way more when it comes to this matter. I’m sure there are thousands of more pleasant times up front for those who check out your website.
Thankyou for all your efforts that you have put in this. very interesting information.
Hmm is anyone else having problems with the pictures on this blog loading? I’m trying to find out if its a problem on my end or if it’s the blog. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.