Connect with us

NEWS

JUST IN: EFCC Chief Threatens Resignation Over Bello’s Investigation

Published

on

Ola Olukoyede, the EFCC Chairman, has declared that he will resign from his position if he doesn’t personally oversee the completion of the investigation into Yahaya Bello.

Olukoyede stated that he personally called Bello, urging him to appear before the commission to address the charges, but Bello declined the invitation, even allegedly summoning them to his village.

He said, “If I do not personally oversee the completion of the investigation regarding Yahaya Bello, I will tender my resignation as the EFCC Chairman.”

Olukoyede emphasized the importance of Nigerians supporting the EFCC for its success, stating that its failure would have negative repercussions for Nigeria.

He also noted that ongoing efforts have positively impacted the value of the Naira and the foreign market.

 

 

NEWS

Tinubu’s Men Bomb Atiku on Fuel Subsidy

Published

on

Nigeria’s former Vice President Atiku Abubakar’s promise of restoring petrol subsidy if elected president in 2027 has drawn attacks from the corner of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

The Presidency reacted sharply to Atiku’s pledge, describing it as a deceptive political jab, capable of undermining Nigeria’s economic recovery.

The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Public Communication, Sunday Dare, stated this in a statement on Thursday, following Atiku’s declaration that he would reverse the subsidy removal if elected.

Dare accused Atiku of attempting to manipulate Nigerians for political gain, saying the former Vice President’s position could halt what he described as ongoing recovery across various sectors of the economy.

“Atiku Abubakar: Your pronouncement that you will bring back fuel subsidy is drenched in hypocrisy and deceit. It is an unpardonable manipulation of the public psyche, designed to hoodwink unsuspecting Nigerians into voting for you,” Dare said.

READ ALSO: NUPRC Says Nigeria has Extracted 4.6bn Barrels from Deep Offshore

He added, “The ongoing recovery across various sectors of our national life annoys you, and will be halted if this thinking of yours is implemented. By the Grace of God, it will not happen, and all good men of conscience must rise up against you.”

Atiku had made the pledge during a Facebook Live session while responding to questions on the removal of the petrol subsidy and how the savings from the policy had been utilised.

The former Vice President said he initially did not oppose the subsidy removal but questioned how the savings had been spent.

“I initially did not oppose the removal of the fuel subsidy. But now that it has been removed, where is the money? Where has the subsidy money gone? Has it been used to improve healthcare, education or security?” Atiku asked.

He added, “If I win the presidential election, I will restore the subsidy. And anyone who stole Nigeria’s subsidy funds must return the money.”

Continue Reading

NEWS

FAAN Clears Air on Bolt, Uber Suspension, Says Services Will Resume

Published

on

Chaos at Lagos Airport, Flights Diverted Over Runway Closure

The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria has clarified its decision to suspend the commercial operations of ride-hailing platforms Bolt and Uber at airports under its management, saying the services will resume once their licence agreements are finalised.

FAAN said the suspension was driven by safety, security and operational concerns and was not intended to prevent passengers from accessing convenient transportation options.

The clarification followed public reactions to an internal memo dated July 30, 2026, and signed by the General Manager, Commercial Services, U.R. Liman.

SEE MORE: FAAN Bans Cash Payments At Airports Nationwide

The memo directed Regional General Managers and Airport Managers to ensure that Bolt and Uber ceased commercial operations at all FAAN-managed airports pending the finalisation and execution of their licence agreements.

The memo read: “Please be informed that pending the finalisation and execution of the License Agreement with Bolt and Uber, the authority has directed Messrs Bolt and Messrs Uber to cease all commercial operations at all FAAN-managed airports immediately. Consequently, you are to ensure that all operations of both Bolt and Uber are suspended until their License Agreements have been finalised and concluded.”

However, FAAN, in a statement issued in response to the public outcry, said its position was not aimed at limiting passengers’ access to transportation services.

“FAAN wishes to clarify that its position is not, and has never been, directed at limiting passengers’ access to transportation options or undermining the important role that e-hailing services play in providing convenient mobility to air travellers,” the authority said.

FAAN explained that airports were highly regulated environments and that commercial transportation providers operating within airport premises were required to operate under an appropriate framework that would provide adequate visibility over their vehicles and drivers.

The authority said this was necessary to ensure that transportation providers were identifiable, accountable and properly integrated into the airport’s operational and security framework.

FAAN also clarified that its ACHRAMS platform was not an e-hailing application and was not designed to compete with Uber, Bolt or other ride-hailing platforms.

“ACHRAMS is not an e-hailing application and is not intended to compete with or replicate the services provided by Uber, Bolt or any other e-hailing platform,” it stated.

According to FAAN, it had received complaints and observed operational challenges linked to commercial transportation activities within and around airport premises, including passenger solicitation and touting.

The authority said it had therefore been engaging Bolt and Uber to establish a workable operational framework that would address safety, security, accountability and passenger-experience concerns while allowing the platforms to continue serving travellers.

“The current situation should therefore not be misconstrued as FAAN declaring a blanket prohibition on e-hailing services,” FAAN said.

The authority added that it recognised the convenience and additional transportation choices provided by Bolt and Uber and appreciated concerns from passengers who might experience inconvenience while the issues were being resolved.

FAAN said it was keen to conclude the discussions with the affected operators expeditiously.

“The authority and the affected operators are currently engaged in constructive discussions towards resolving the outstanding issues, particularly those relating to passenger safety and security, operational visibility, accountability and the appropriate management of pick-up activities within the airport environment.”

Continue Reading

NEWS

Adeleke Campaign Spokesman Makes U-Turn, Withdraws Remarks Against Okpebholo

Published

on

The spokesperson for the Ademola Adeleke Governorship Campaign Council, Pelumi Olajengbesi, has withdrawn remarks he made against Edo State Governor, Monday Okpebholo, over the governor’s conduct during the Osun State governorship election campaign.

Olajengbesi, in a statement on Thursday, said he was withdrawing comments that may have appeared disrespectful to Okpebholo, who was in Osun State campaigning for the All Progressives Congress during the August 15 governorship election.

ALSO READ: Why Adeleke Defeated APC in Osun, Wike Explains

“I personally withdraw my earlier remarks that may have appeared disrespectful to the Governor of Edo State, His Excellency, Senator Monday Okpebholo,” he said.

The withdrawal followed a series of exchanges involving Okpebholo and supporters of Adeleke during and after the election.

The controversy followed comments by Okpebholo mocking Adeleke’s dancing during an APC campaign rally in Osun.

The Edo governor had questioned whether voters were tired of Adeleke’s dancing, saying the governor danced before signing documents, before breakfast and before drinking tea.

Reacting to the development, Olajengbesi said although he considered Okpebholo’s conduct during the campaign uncharitable, the election was over and political disagreements should not undermine respect for public institutions.

“Governor Monday Okpebholo was in Osun State for the election and, in my view, conducted himself in a very uncharitable manner. But the election is now over,” he said.

Olajengbesi also advised the Edo governor to communicate more through his media aides and reduce the activities of what he described as “two overzealous cheerleaders” around him.

He noted that several prominent Nigerians and APC members participated in the Osun election campaign without publicly disrespecting Adeleke or diminishing the dignity of his office.

“I therefore withdraw any statement that may have appeared unduly insulting or disrespectful. Political disagreements should never prevent us from respecting public institutions and the offices people occupy,” he said.

The development comes amid continued political exchanges following the Osun governorship election, which Adeleke won to secure a second term in office.

Olajengbesi, however, urged residents of Edo State to continue holding Okpebholo accountable, saying such scrutiny remained part of citizens’ responsibility in a democracy.

“I equally encourage the good people of Edo State to continue to hold their Governor accountable. That is the responsibility of citizens in every democracy,” he added.

The statement came days after singer David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, rejected calls for him to apologise to Okpebholo over an Instagram post concerning the governor’s academic credentials.

Continue Reading

Copyright © 2022. Biztellers, powered by Alphaxristi.

0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x